Thursday, January 21, 2010

Where oh where....

I've been out of commission for too long. Computer issues have kept me from blogging for a while. I could still use the old beast for bill-paying ,etc; Then....CRASH!!!!! I've heard the stories, but until now I never got in a computer mess I couldn't slog my way out of. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the guys at Pembroke Computer can work miracles. They seem confident that they can save the data at the very least. I really don't want to buy a new computer...but if I can save my thousands of pictures I would give in and do it in a minute.
Yeah, I'm the last crazy person who hasn't backed up her data! And yes, I know I should have. I'm so ashamed and embarrassed. It's the home safety equivalent of not having smoke detectors. Hang on a minute......I'm back, checked the batteries, we're good.
It's serendipitous that my youngest son isn't due back in his dorm until February . I've been able to wrestle his laptop out of his hands to do a little business and to post this. Sharing a computer with your Mom isn't the easiest thing to do. {I appreciate it , you little shit. (even though you stand 11" over me) You've been a good sport. (even though it was Dad and I who bought it)}
I'm hoping I get a call tomorrow with good news.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the recovery operation...If anyone can find all your stuff, Pembroke Computer can! They were the ones who got all our info back after the hard drive crashed....But now, Janet has a backup on our computer....every minute of every day!! LOL!! Some lessons you only need once!!

    ReplyDelete