Monday, April 6, 2009

How to grow quick Easter Grass

This basket was planted just 5 days ago. All you need is...........
A basket..potting soil...lentils; your common, everyday lentils...and plastic bags or a bowl to fit inside your basket.

Line the basket with the bags or bowl....add the soil....

Dampen it.....
Spread the lentils evenly over the soil........

Water them......

You can trim the bag before they grow, I waited 5 days.....

Voila!
P.S. That basket is 25 years old. I made a pair of them for my twins' first Easter.







2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that!! You are too creative Diann!! I am going out today to get some lentils...I had no idea they would sprout like that!! Thanks for a little sunny inspiration on a cloudy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know how I got such smart kids. I love the lentil grass.
    I, also love that we learned to make baskets so many years ago and that you still appreciate the baskets you made. Wasn't that a lot of work but fun?
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete