Monday, February 23, 2009

Window Seats


I have always loved window seats. They are like an invitation to curl up with a book. I admit I need little to persuade me to curl up with a book....... This one above I did for one of my favorite clients. She's never afraid to mix a lot of fabrics and she loves trims. I think in this case she just gave me the fabrics and told me to just mix and match and make the cushion and pillows.

A window seat can also work in just a tiny nook. Okay, so I wouldn't be able to curl up here, but the little girl this belongs to can!

I love this window seat. It's really deeper than it looks from the picture.This one I could curl up on. I can see myself cracking open Wuthering Heights for the umpteenth time. The mix of very light cushion with the warm red of the Roman Shades and the pillows makes it very inviting.


This one is all fun with navy blue and kelly green, then topped off with polka dot relaxed Roman Shades.















1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog when I googled Relaxed Roman Shades and I was wondering if you could explain the rod in the bottom of the shade to me? How does the shade still curve/cave in with a rod in the bottom? Is it really needed? I am not that experienced at sewing so I am hoping I am not taking on too large of a project:) Thanks!! My email is: aprilfrancom@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete